This course is intended to provide a delegate with the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work safely near or adjacent to DC conductor rails.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Describe the principle of the DC electrified system
- Identify the main components of the DC Conductor Rail System
- Identify hazards and risks associated with being near or adjacent to the DC conductor rail
- Describe how to cross the DC Conductor rail safely
- Describe how to transit tools and equipment safely across the DC conductor rail
- Identify defective insulated tools and equipment
- Identify hazards when working within DC isolations
- Describe the Work safe and Emergency Response procedures.
One Day, including the assessment process.
Delegates MUST be in possession of:
A Valid P.T.S. Card
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore they MUST be in possession of: –
- A Valid P.T.S. Card
- Protective “all orange” high Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses BS. EN.166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
This competency is valid for 2 years. A Network Rail Sentinel Track Safety card will be endorsed with DCCR for each successful candidate.